Here are some ideas on how to make a little extra money:
Participate in Surveys or Focus Groups. Surveys are usually done online. Focus Groups tend to be in person.
Some examples of websites where you can sign up for surveys are:
- Opinion Outpost Surveys are paid in points which can be redeemed for cash once you meet the minimum cash out amount
- ClickIQ e/visor Panel Surveys are paid in points which can be redeemed for cash once you meet the minimum cash out amount
- SurveySpot Some surveys are cash rewards, some are rewarded with entries into sweepstakes. Minimum cash out amount is $5
- MySurvey Surveys are paid in points which can be redeemed for cash once you meet the minimum cash out amount
- Esearch pays in cash to your Paypal account
- e-Rewards you can redeem rewards for misc. items and discounts
- HCD Surveys Surveys are paid in points which can be redeemed for cash once you reach the minimum cash amount - currently $10
These are just some that I have used. No, you will not get rich, but if you've got some spare time you might make a few extra bucks. You can find a lot of people discussing various reward and survey programs here: BigBigForums
Focus Groups tend to pay better than survey sites. Usually $25 - $100 for a few hours. You usually have to travel to where the focus group is being held, but some do take place online. You can find out what Focus Groups are in your area by checking these websites:
If taking surveys and sitting through Focus Groups isn't your idea of fun, consider making some extra cash doing something you enjoy. Maybe you can turn your hobby into cash. Are you into photography? There are places you can sell your photos such as:
Do you like to write? Sell short stories, articles and other "fillers" to magazines, newspapers and websites. There is a great article on how and where to sell fillers here:
See examples by viewing my eHow articles here .
Other ideas for making extra money:
- Get a part time job. Consider delivering pizzas on weekends - the tips are good and you'll likely get free food as well.
- Be a sign waver or sign placer. Check with your local new housing developments, as many hire people on weekends to "wave" signs directing people to their developments or to put out and take down signs along the roadway.
- Charge people to walk their dogs, pet sit or pick up dog droppings in their yards.
- Have any skills? Teach a class on your favorite craft or hobby, a language, how to sell on ebay, or coach a sport. Charge to make a website or teach computer skills.
- Have a large piece of land? Rent out space for people to store their Boats, RV's, etc. Rent out areas people can use to grow their own gardens.
- Have a large house? Rent out a room or host a foreign exchange student.
- Sell your stuff on ebay or craigslist (see my post "Turn Your Trash Into Cash").
- Sell your blood plasma or consider participating in clinical studies.
Finally, check to see if your owed money. See my eHow article here: