Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Free Typing Lessons Online

Back in the olden days, when computers were just becoming mainstream, my first period class in high school was "Keyboarding". Apparently I thought this was something I'd never use later in life, so I regularly skipped the class to sit in the local Denny's drinking coffee instead. It's no surprise, umpteen years later, that I'm hunt-and-pecking my way across the keyboard ... and still enjoying Denny's coffee once in awhile.

Lucky for me, and all you other hunt-and-peckers out there, it's never too late to learn. Even better, the wonderful world wide web offers several online sources for free typing lessons. There's free courses designed for beginners and more advanced typing lessons for those who want to increase there typing speed and skills.

Here are some good sources for free typing lessons that I've found:

CNET - Always the first place I go online to look for freeware downloads and tech product reviews. High rated downloads for free typing lessons include:
There are also free typing lessons online which don't require you to download anything. Some of these include:
  • Peter's Online Typing Course: (My personal favorite source.) Offers a set of free online typing lessons and typing exercises for beginning typists.
  • Goodtyping: Includes 27 guided lessons to learn typing step-by-step. Must register to get access to all of the features.
Now I just need to find some free typing lessons that will teach me to type one-handed so I can hold my coffee.

Have you found any good free sources for free typing lessons that aren't mentioned here? Please share in the comments below.


photo: zizzy0104, sxc.hu

2 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Thank you for the links. Now all I need to do is learn how to spell!

Cheap Cindy said...

Me too SonyaAnn, thank God for spellcheck!