This isn't a national holiday or anything, but it's something you might want to try. This can be a great way to get grocery coupons and free samples.
Here's what I do:
- Make a list of grocery items and the brands that I buy on a regular basis
- Go online and look for the official manufacturers website for these products
- Locate the customer service email address
- Send an email telling the company how much I love their products and if they could please send me coupons I would appreciate it
- Enclose my name and mailing address
That's it! Within a few weeks I'll start getting coupons in the mail. I've gotten several high value and free item coupons doing this.
Here is an actual email I sent to Eden Foods last year:
" Hello to all at Eden Foods,
Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful organic products. I love your refried beans and wasabi chips. Unfortunately my budget currently does not allow me to enjoy your products as much as I would like. If you happen to have some coupons or samples you could send my way I would be most appreciative - if not I will still be devoted to your products.
They sent me recipe books and twelve coupons for their products. How awesome is that? Not all companies will send you coupons, but it doesn't hurt to try.
So start your own Kiss-Up-To-Manufacturers-For-Grocery-Coupons Day. I totally recommend it!
photo: am-y, sxc.hu