Thursday, August 14, 2008

Forums Are Your Friend

August 14 2008

I've spent more time than I care to admit searching the internet for deals. There are a ton of websites crawling with cheap-o-holics such as myself. They tend to gather on forums to discuss bargains, freebies and money saving tips. Some of the best forums I've found are:

Here you'll find the low down on who's giving away free stuff. Some stuff you sign up for and the companies mail it to you. For example I recently received a reusable shopping bag from Earthbound Farms, a coupon for a package of Kraft cheese slices (valued up to $4), Post it Notes etc. In the past I've gotten T-shirts, hats, posters, calendars, magazine subscriptions and enough shampoo samples to last the rest of my life. All free. I look forward to seeing what's in my mailbox everyday. Sometimes I think my postal carrier must hate me.

Even if your not into receiving these little freebies you'll also find tips on what restaurants and stores are giving away the goods. Starbucks, Baskin & Robbins, McDonalds, Jamba Juice, 7-11 and Ben & Jerrys have all had days where they offer something for free, and you'll find these forums are a great place to get the heads up.

It's not all about the freebies though, these forums are full of information on what stores are offering great deals, who's got the best deal on a certain TV or computer etc. You'll find people sharing promotional codes for discounts and free shipping, discussions on finance, contests and reward programs.

I also like that people give feedback on their own experiences with these freebies and deals so you can weed through the bogus junk.

- Check it out. It's free. You know you want to.

No comments: